OPTIFAST’s medical monitoring includes
- A thorough preliminary medical examination and any necessary lab tests to determine your health status and identify risk factors
- A personalized weight loss plan based on your health status and weight loss goals
- Continued guidance and medical monitoring of your progress, health, and well-being throughout the program treatment
- Communication with your primary care physician, as necessary
- Clinical guidelines suggest medically-monitored weight-management programs are safe, effective, and help individuals address and modify behaviors to encourage long-term weight management
Lifestyle and Nutrition Education
Learning to modify your eating habits and implement a healthier lifestyle is an important component of the OPTIFAST® program. A multi-disciplinary team along with the Lifestyle Education Series (LES) educational modules will help you relearn how to approach food and eating. The OPTIFAST® program will help you understand the emotional and psychological triggers that prompted you to overeat and gain weight. By understanding those triggers, you can focus on creating short- and long-term strategies to manage them, avoid pitfalls, and implement healthier behaviors.
The OPTIFAST® program will help you develop the strategies and behaviors to effectively implement a long-term lifestyle change. You will receive regular counseling on relevant topics such as understanding nutrients, shopping and cooking healthier, eating out, how to stay active, mindful eating, and stress management among others to help you manage your weight long-term.
The OPTIFAST® program goes beyond the typical weight-loss diet. To help ensure your long-term weight loss success, OPTIFAST® clinics provide personal weight loss counseling and support, as well as lifestyle education, throughout the program. Some of the features include:
- One-on-one counseling sessions with a physician, registered dietitian, or lifestyle counselor
- Small group discussions led by a healthcare professional
- Peer support from current and past OPTIFAST® participants
- Educational materials created especially for OPTIFAST® patients
- Customized activity plans appropriate to your fitness level and schedule
OPTIFAST® healthcare professionals understand the challenges overweight individuals face as they become active. That’s why they partner with you to make the transition to healthy, active living.
Long-term Weight Maintenance
OPTIFAST® program experts recognize that a key to successful weight management is periodic or continuous involvement in an OPTIFAST® weight-management program.
- Weight management is an ongoing process that requires intermittent behavioral, nutrition, and exercise intervention
- Relapse is not unusual. Persistence, not perfection, is the key
- The real solution lies not in the weight loss, but in weight management: helping patients maintain a healthy weight over time, particularly in the first year after completing the OPTIFAST® program is the key to long-term results.
The OPTIFAST® program has over 40 years of experience and documented outcomes in more than 80 clinical weight loss publications.
Through weight loss, the OPTIFAST® program can help improve the state of certain medical conditions of patients related to their excess weight. This clinically proven program was designed to help patients improve their health by losing weight under medical supervision.
Losing at least 5% of one’s starting weight is considered “medically significant” because it is associated with improvements in risk factors or incidence of certain diseases and conditions in at-risk people who suffer from obesity2
- After 2 years (based on approximately 610 participants in the study)
- 40%of patients maintained more than half their weight loss
- 78% of men and 60% of women maintained medically significant weight loss
- After 5 years (based on approximately 335 participants)
Approximately 50% of patients maintained medically significant weight loss
At ForeverYoung MedSpa Health & Wellness we are committed to helping you succeed in meeting your weight loss goals and keeping that lost weight off for good. The OPTIFAST program is easily customized to meet your individualized needs. While most patients find themselves sufficiently full while taking the OPTIFAST products as directed, appetite suppressants are available to our patients when medically necessary so to help those that otherwise struggle with hunger while participating in any of our weight loss programs.
OPTIFAST Product Information
OPTIFAST offers a variety of products, which helps you to mix up your menu without falling off track. While many OPTIFAST dieters are successful following a strict liquid-only diet, the OPTIFAST program is suited to meet a variety of different needs. If you are not comfortable entering a weight loss program focused largely around weight loss shakes, the program can be easily tailored to your needs by incorporating simple low-calorie solid foods that add extra variety to the already great tasting OPTIFAST products.
Here is a list of the most popular OPTIFAST products. many OPTIFAST dieters enjoy these products as prepared, but you can also combine them with other low-calorie ingredients to make them into a real treat.
- The OPTIFAST 800 ready to drink products are available in three flavors: Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate.
- The OPTIFAST 800 shake mix comes in a powdered formula that instantly dissolves in water. Available in three flavors: Vanilla Strawberry and Chocolate.
- The OPTIFAST 800 protein bars come in a wide variety of flavors, including the very popular Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate and Apple Cinnamon.
- The OPTIFAST 800 soup mix is available in two flavors: Tomato, Chicken and Vegetable.
- The OPTIFAST HP (High Protein) ready to drink products are available in two flavors: Vanilla and Chocolate.
- The OPTIFAST OPTIFAST HP (High Protein) shake mix comes in a powdered formula that instantly dissolves in water. Available in two flavors: Vanilla and Chocolate.